Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Every Morning

It's a new day. Nothing has changed since yesterday except a good night's sleep. All the problems and challenges from yesterday remain. They seek to cloud my mind, fill me with fear and disappointment. And, yet...I am happy.

It's a miracle and not a small one in my understanding. I woke up this morning and started to go down that familiar and comfortable road of mentally listing all my fears and challenges. Somewhere along that path, however, I stopped. I turned my focus toward God. No matter what challenges I face, His Almighty Hand is already upon me. He will help me by either fixing the problems, changing the circumstances or changing me. That's a miracle to me. I am thankful that I know Him and His lovingkindness.


"My soul still remembers
And sinks within me.
This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
Through the LORD's mercies
we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness
'The LORD is my portion,'
says my soul,
'Therefore I hope in Him!'
The LORD is good to those who
wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
It is good that one should hope
and wait quietly
For the salvation of the LORD."

Lamentations 3:20-26

On this glorious Sunday morning, I eagerly await the mercies of the LORD and look forward with hope because His steadfast love never ceases and His mercies never come to an end. They are indeed new every morning.

Praying Girl
The photo was taken in front of St. John Hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Summer of 2009.



No comments:

Post a Comment