Wednesday, June 2, 2010

At peace

Work became frustrating this morning, so I took a walk around the nearby pond. I pondered all the reasons why I was feeling so annoyed when I suddenly slipped and twisted my ankle. I limped over to a tree and sat beneath the shade. Geese were all around as I sat there upset that I had slipped and hurt myself, feeling pretty sorry for myself.


The longer I sat there, though, I noticed that all of the tiny Goslings that I had watched grow over the last few weeks, were right before me. They were no longer tiny, yellow fuzzy babies. They were larger and fending very well for themselves. Of course, the mommas were still near by. I counted at least 22 Goslings.


As I arose and tried my weight on my ankle, it felt better and I continued my trek around the pond. As I neared the end of the walk, I looked back across the pond and the momma goose was swimming quietly along with all 22 Goslings trailing behind her.


I admit the worries of my life have really taken a toll on me over the last few weeks, but in that moment they all disappeared. I realized that I am going to have worries and hurts, but God in all His Wisdom placed this wonderful spectacle before me to remind me of His Presence with me.


I am at peace.


Praying Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment