Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Goodbye Pouncer Cat


To my little Pouncer Cat:
I pray God gives you plenty of Tuna to eat, robust chin scratches, a warm fluffy bed on a pedestal, a beautiful yard to explore with plenty of green luscious grass to munch on, fluttering butterflies to chase, a glorious sunrise and a gentle sunset. I shall miss you my sweet, sweet girl. Until we see each other again. Goodbye.

I found this pitiful kitten 15 years ago. She was shivering and soaking wet hiding under a car. She wrapped herself around my heartstrings immediately. She's been my constant companion ever since. How will I live without her curled up by my side. It's a sad, sad day at the Ham house. It was time, but it just came too, too soon.


Dear God
Thank you for bringing Pouncer to me and enriching my life. We had a wonderful time together. Please take care of her now. I know she will make you smile.

Amen,
Praying Girl

2 comments:

  1. I'm so, so sad for you. My family and I lost a dear pet due to tumors earlier this year and she had stolen our hearts a long time ago. The pain gets easier to endure. But the ache continues along with the smiles as you remember the love you shared. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your heartfelt and compassionate words. I'm sorry for the loss of your pet, too. I finally put away Pouncer's little food dish today. I've lost pets before but Pouncer was with me when I endured some of the most difficult tragedies of my life. Her sweet purrs calmed and soothed my broken heart on so many occasions. I know God sent her to me just at the right time. Thank you for reminding me that the pain will get easier. God bless.

    ReplyDelete