Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Old Buzzard Roost

The old buzzards no longer circle.
Why bother their monotonous swirl?
They're just hanging out in that old tree.
They neither toil or worry.
They're laughing at my wrinkled old carcus.
Why should they fly, why make a fuss?

You can't munch just yet on my innards
You old fat, ugly buzzards!
I'm still a kickin'
And I'm not just yet ripe for yer pickin'!
So just sit there in your deadly roost
'Cause I just ain't ready yet to let this life a-loost!

by Donna Louise Ham
(Just a funny old buzzard, herself)


Vic, Hunter & I happened upon this Buzzard Roost recently at Lake Keystone. There were buzzards everywhere. They had taken up occupancy in five trees and there was not a thing left living on any of these trees. It was very eerie in the late afternoon on an overcast day. I'm not a big fan of Halloween, but this just seemed fitting for this strangest of holidays. I don't know about you, but I'm steering clear of Cowskin Bay and the nasty buzzard roost! I hear that buzzards throw up on you if you get too close to their nest. Now, why would anyone want to get close to a buzzard or their nest? EWWWWWW!
Praying Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment