Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ebenezer Stone

I've had this stone in my car for a couple of years. It sits on the console so that I see it every day. Hunter, my grandson picked up this stone on one of our many trips. He loves rocks and I have his collections from the time he was just a little tyke. He's now nearly 10-years old.

This particular stone has always intrigued both of us because it looks as if it is a living rock because it has veins. We've never researched what type of stone it is, but it has always been one of our favorites because it is just so darn interesting. Every time Hunter gets into the car with me, he always picks it up, handles it, smiles and puts it back in its familiar place.

I read an interesting devotional from last Sunday's Our Daily Bread about the word Ebenezer.  It refers to a stone that Samuel called Ebenezer that was set in place between Mizpah and Shen symbolizing a time when the people turned from their sins and God gave them victory over their enemy the Philistines.

Today, I decided that this stone, that we have kept for so long, is going to be called our Ebenezer Stone.

To read the devotional by David McCasland, click on the link.


Here's a photo of our Ebenezer Stone which has been returned to its place in my car so that we can remember that God is with me and Hunter always.
Perhaps you'll find an Ebenezer stone of your own. Happy rock hunting, and may God's blessing be on you and your loved ones.

Praying Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment