Thursday, July 2, 2009

Morning's Glory

I awoke early this morning, about 5:45 a.m. Ordinarily I would relish sleeping in on a day off from work; however, God was calling me this morning to spend some time with Him. I'm so glad I did! Sweet communion with the Lover of my Soul.

I moved out onto my patio, arranged my journal on my lap, my Bible and devotional, "God Calling" on the table. It was a quiet, cool morning at the beginning of July. Usually it is already too hot, but today was different.

I love this time of the day. It's gentle and quiet like my soul before the noises and confusion of the day. How wonderful You are O, Lord of my life. I am so abundantly thankful to have the gift of this morning.

You, Oh God, provide for the multitude of birds that live in the trees in and around my yard. Then, there's the big old bunny rabbit who lives under the storage building beside the house. He pops out usually in the evenings. I wonder if the tomato plants will survive the birds and the bunnies. We'll see.

Oh, Lord, Your mercy is so great. I marvel at the works of Your Hands. You fashioned each leaf of every tree and plant. You designed each with Your beautiful paint brush--selecting a multitude of brilliant, but sometimes subtle and subdued colors. Everything has a place and a purpose. Just as You have fashioned me--with brilliant, but sometimes subtle and subdued colors and nuances. Thank You, Father, for creating me. I know I am magnificently and wonderfully made. I pray, Oh God, that I bring You joy. I am overwhelmingly sorry that I have ever disappointed You. I know I fail miserably every day. But, God, You know my heart and my intentions. You are quick to forgive and quick to correct. Thank you, God.

Oh, God, it happened too fast this morning--the birds are all awake, the men are working nearby, the traffic noises are louder, sirens blasting through my quiet morning--it happened too fast, this waking of the world. The birds in the tree seem to be arguing and jockeying for position...or, maybe, Momma's just being Momma and saying to everyone, "It's time to get up!"

Ahh, Morning's Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment