Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pouting Boy Results in Pastel Sunrise Painting



The final landscape abstract painting reflects a pink and peach colored sky on a cool summer morning. But, it didn't exactly start out that way.

My grandson arrived while I was in the middle of painting on the back patio. I thought he would enjoy painting with me. I squeezed out red, blue and green paint on a Styrofoam plate for him. However, he was pouting about something and wouldn't paint on the acrylic paper I had prepared for him. He just turned up his nose at my efforts to get him to join in, and he finally went inside to watch TV. Not wanting to waste a single bit of paint, I added some water with the paint and swept it across a canvas. Then I left it to dry.

The next morning, I awoke early and sat on my patio to write in my journal. The sky was the exact same color as the paint I had applied the day before. I basically just started from there and enjoyed experimenting with the watercolor effect.


As for my little pouting boy? Well, he finally snapped out of it and we had a lovely evening, just without painting.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment