Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Perseverance Builds Character

I was just pondering how so many people I know are suffering - loss of a job; loss of good health; loss of a friend or loved one to death; loss of or the threat of the loss of their business; loss of their self-esteem; loss of their home; loss of the freedom to make their own decisions; loss of their ability to communicate; loss due to Alzheimer's; loss of a child; loss due to drugs and/or alcohol; loss due to obesity; loss due to a disease or illness; and the list goes on and on.

For those of us who fall into any or even many of these categories, God has a message for us from His Holy Scriptures. I hope you can hang on to these words of encouragement today. I'll hold on with you, too, with hope in my heart.

"...we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment