Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gray Puddles

Getting the condo ready to sell has taken 8 months of my hard labor and too much of my hard earned money. I might add, money that I didn't have. After painting the entire condo--walls, ceilings, baseboards, cabinets and doors--I thought I was finished. I thought too soon. The air conditioner decided to quit cooling. Then the plumbing needed some work. After that, the carpet had to be replaced. Finally, everything was done, and I put it on the market. Wham! I got a bite one week after it went on the market. Things were going pretty good, too good.

The potential buyer made an offer, I countered and they countered again. We finally came to an agreement and the contract was signed. However, the buyers wanted more repairs. Seems as if the dishwasher was going out, the drains wouldn't drain, all the outlets near the sinks needed to be upgraded and the exhaust fan in the bathroom needed repair. Did I say this was becoming a money pit?

The only thing out of that list that didn't actually need repair or replacement was the dishwasher. THANK GOD! Seems as if there was a clear plastic spoon in the bottom of the dishwasher that made a horrible sound. The "Inspector" said it was a bearing going out. Silly inspector...I simply eliminated the spoon, which magically eliminated the noise in the dishwasher. Instant fix! HALLELUJAH.

Thought I was home free. Of course, I happened to look up at the exhaust fan repair and realized the electrician had left a gaping hole in the ceiling. More calls, more money. Is there ever an end to this story. Will I make it to Friday's closing?

I decided to touch up a bit of paint on the fireplace mantle. Thinking ahead this morning, I put the gallon-size can full of the left-over paint in my car. Unfortunately, the lid was not sealed completely and I opening my car door to find the entire can of paint no longer residing in the can but in a gallon-size gray puddle in the floorboard of my car!

I think I'm going to play it safe and keep my sanity. The fireplace mantle will have to stay as is with no touch-up paint. Friday can't get here soon enough. Who knows, by the time I get to the closing, I may be the gray puddle in the floorboard of my car! Gray has never been one of my favorite colors anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment