Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too Young to be a Grandma!

"Mimi, you're not a Grandma," Hunter, my 8-year old grandson proudly commented OUT LOUD! We were having Sunday dinner at Wendy's, one of his favorite places to eat. The place was quite crowded so everyone could hear what he was saying.
I said, "But, honey, I am your Grandma. You just happen to call me Mimi, and I..."
"No!" Hunter interrupted. "You're too young. When you're old, you'll have white hair and then you are a Grandma. Right now, you're Mimi!"

The little white-haired ladies sitting behind him didn't seem to appreciate that statement. I, on the other hand, felt like doing hand springs.

Who cares if the blonde effect comes from a bottle. What Hunter doesn't know, won't hurt him. After all, I'm too young to be a grandma. I plan on being Mimi for a long, long, long time!


I looked at Vic and said, "There you have it, Papa. It's official. I'm young, and I'm not a Grandma...I'm MIMI!"

No comments:

Post a Comment