Friday, September 18, 2009

The devil's got his party hat on

"What was meant for evil, God will use for good." Those words keep coming to my mind this morning. I thought I'd better write them down and ruminate on their meaning. God seems to be trying to get my attention and I'm trying to listen. Other words that keep coming to my mind are "Abide in Me."

I have to admit, I am discouraged this morning. There seems to be quite a bit of evil swirling around my family right now. It is as if we are trapped in a web of someone's lies, deceit and slander. My friend used to tell me, "Girl, you must be doing something right or the devil wouldn't be trying so hard." She also used to say, "The devil's got his party hat on." That devil must have invited his cast of demons to his party. I wish he'd take his party, his friends and his hat somewhere else.



Dear God, I trust that You see everything. You know every lie or slander that is formed against me and my family. You know our hearts. I trust You, Father, that whatever evil is being hurled at us that YOU will turn it and use it for good. I will abide in You. For me and my house serve YOU. We are but Your instruments, Your vessels to use to bring You Glory. Give me a heart of forgiveness and restore joy and peace in my heart and my dear one's heart. We are Yours. Turn the wicked away from us. Keep us strong during this trial. We love You, Lord with every breath that You decide to give us. As long as we breathe, we will honor You. Our arms are outstretched toward You. We praise You with all that is within us.

In Jesus's Precious Holy Name,
Amen from the Praying Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment