Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah...BITE

Ever been hurt by someone you thought you could trust? OK, how about by a person in authority, like a minister or a priest? That kind of betrayal has really knocked me to the ground, shaken me to the core. It's hard to forgive but necessary to move past the hurt. I tend to hold these men to a higher standard, but sometimes let's face it, they are still wolves in sheep's clothing. Blah, blah, blah...bite! That's what they do.

Today, I choose to do as Paul directed me from God's Holy Word. I'm just going to put on my armor, let the hurt go and try to move on...far, far away from the gnashing teeth! But, because satan is like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour, I'm going to keep putting on the armor until God calls me home.

Ephesians 6:10-20
Finally be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with TRUTH , and having put on the breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the SHIELD OF FAITH with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one. And take the helmet of SALVATION, and the sword of the SPIRIT, which is the WORD OF GOD. With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opeing of my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly as I ought to speak.

Dear God, please help me tonight to rest my head at Your Holy Feet knowing that You are ever present. I cannot see the answers, the way, the path. But, You, Almighty God, can. You will guide my steps. I choose to follow You. You, alone do I trust. Thank you, Father, that when everyone else fails me, You are truly honorable, good and trustworthy. You alone are worthy of praise.

Only You, God, can create the sunset.














Only You, God can make the raindrops.















So, why do I doubt that You will make a way for me in this wilderness?
I will trust You even when I cannot see the path.



















Amen from the Praying Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment