Thursday, September 24, 2009

Look Forward To Change

I sat by the Chiminea fire last night. It was so very peaceful. The air was cool. The backyard was lovelier than I ever remember it. The Marigolds and Petunias are still blooming as they have all Summer long. The bird feeders, the small Madonna and St. Francis statues are sweet reminders of my departed loved one. It was a pleasant evening in the crisp night air.


Dear Lord,
Thank you, Father, for that time communing with you. Watching the fire, singing Your Name. I loved the gentleness of the evening, the coolness of the Fall night. Everything is about to change as Fall approaches. For once, I look forward to change. I think I am ready for change.

Help me to keep my eyes fixed on You. I desire to be close to You. Live in my heart, in my mind, deep in my spirit. Speak to me from Your Word. Whisper Your love for me in my ear. Guide me in everything I do today. Shower me with the beauty of Your Presence all around me.

I humbly come before You robed in Your gift of salvation, repenting of my sinfulness, my weakness, my brokeness. Build me up, encourage me, fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. You are God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. I worship You with my whole being--physically, emotionally and spiritually. I am nothing without You.

You breathed life into me the moment I was born and You breathed life into me when I was baptized and You breathe life into me every day. Thank You for breathing Your Life into me this day. Thank You for this day which You have designed for me. Annoint my life. It is all a gift from You. I am so thankful for Your generous gifts.

Fill me with your creativity. Show me. Let Your beauty flow from me, through me this day, today. I pray that my endeavors bring You Glory. Bring others to You, closer to You. Use my life to bring You delight and make You happy that You created me.

I love You, Father. I love you, I love You, I love You.

Amen,
Your Praying Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment