Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sun Shine and Sun Dipped Lace

Hunter, my eight-year old grandson, and I sat under the tree in the front yard. He started saying rhymes and we were having fun just making up silly rhymes. The sun was streaming through the tree into my eyes, and the following poem came to me. I dedicated this poem to my precious little guy, which totally delighted him and brought a smile to my face.

Ode to Hunter


When the sun shines
upon my face,
It makes the shadows
appear as lace.

Sitting here looking
into your beautiful eyes,
I realize that you
are my wonderful surprise.

I thank the Lord
for giving you to me.
Who would have thought
that this could really be.

Fun and energy,
Play and free.
Love divine
How wonderful that you are mine.

When the sun shines
upon my face,
I delight that you ARE the pattern
of the sun-dipped lace.

Copyright Donna Louise Ham

After church, after lunch
sitting in the front yard
on the bench, on the porch.

September 27, 2009
The Praying Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment